[linux-dvb] Re: tuning problems wih dvb-kernel

Hi, me again :-)

> I did some further investigations using czap. I discovered that tuning
> works exactly every second try, the next try always doesn't work

I tracked this down to function ves1820_setup_reg0 in ves1820.c. Value
of reg0 at the beginning of this function changes from value 0x48 to
0x68 or from 0x68 to 0x48 with every call. If reg0 is 0x48 tuning will
work, if reg0 is 0x68 tuning will fail.

I did a test and inserted
  reg = 0x48;
right after
  reg0 |= GET_REG0(fe->data) & 0x62;
Now tuning works everytime with my setup here and is very fast.

Andreas