[linux-dvb] Re: ntuxplayer

Marcus Metzler wrote:

Alexandre CONRAD writes:
> > > Marcus Metzler wrote:
> > > Alexandre CONRAD writes:
> > > is it normal this application takes up to 99% CPU constantly ?
> > > root 10469 99.6 1.4 3344 1840 ? R 10:43 0:12 > > > /usr/local/bin/ntuxplayer
> > You may get more usage if you have AC3 audio, but not much (maybe 1%).
> > It could be that you can't write to the video device as fast as usual,
> > when you are replaying and recording at the same time. You could try
> > and see if it helps to increase the poll intervals in ntuxplayer.c.
> > I haven't tested that yet.
> > I only use the DVB card to read. I don't record. I don't even use the > satellite part of it. lol
> What version of tuxzap are you using? Which driver version are you using?
Is there anything else running that may be relevant?
Something's weird there...

I have in my /etc/rc.local a command line that starts my playlist at bootup. There, ntuxplayer takes 99%. I comment out the playlist line in my rc.local and reboot.

I start my playlist manually, and it takes only from 0.7% to 3% max. I don't understand.

Regards,
--
Alexandre CONRAD - TLV
Research & Development