[linux-dvb] Re: Kernel crash in saa7146_fops.c:13

Hello Anders,

On 01.01.2004 22:06, Anders Hanson schrieb:

I'm trying to set up a MythTV box with a Fijutsu Siemens DVB-C card
including the analog module.
Ok.

The problem is that the system krashes quite often in saa7146_fops.c
at row 13.

I'm using the latest dvb-kernel cvs tree and have tried both
with kernel 2.4.23 and 2.6.0
What are doing exactly when the crash happens?

Row 12-13 in saa7146_fops.c is:

if(in_interrupt())
   BUG();

Is this a known issue with the DVB-C with analog module combo and
is there a fix?
I have changed the capture code a few weeks ago and touched that code, too.

The function saa7146_dma_free() should never be called from interrupt context, but apparently it is. I'll have a look at the problem.

/Anders
CU
Michael.