[linux-dvb] Re: latest mythtv CVS & DEC 2000-t: kernel panic

Holger Waechtler wrote:
Des Herriott wrote:
Here's a puzzler. A combination of the very latest CVS of MythTV (as of a couple of days ago) and the DEC2000-t USB driver causes a complete system lockup (i.e. I can't even ping the machine remotely)
Are you using a Myth version with hardware-acceleration code for the onchip MPEG decoder helpers for the EPIA? If so you might try to turn this and/or the graphics hardware acceleration code off to see where exactly the problem is located.
I don't think hardware acceleration is relevant here, since I can reproduce the panic on a regular PC too - and it's definitely in mythbackend. Seems to be very much a backend crash, the front end (where any HW acceleration happens) doesn't even need to be running on the same machine.

And maybe you want to enable the serial console option in your kernel config so that you can catch the oops log on the serial port using a second box.
Yep, I'll do that.

--
Des Herriott
des.herriott@oracle.com