[linux-dvb] Re: SOLVED: skystar2 rev 2.6B drivers working?

Am Montag, 5. Januar 2004 23:55 schrieb Roberto Ragusa:
> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:28:56 +0100
>
> Norbert Schechner <schechner@lycos.de> wrote:
> > The card is working, but with a poor image quality on moving objekts
> > (steps)
>
> I don't know what you mean by "steps", so I guess:
> - objects in motion have border that look like a comb; this is an interlace
> problem, try deinterlacing (key "i" with xine, I think)

I tried "i", deinterlacing with 1 and 0, no difference, may be you know the
running information text on the bottom of the screen from NTV, it is not
possible to read them. (Unfortunately with WIN 2000 on the same machine they
lock quiet good).

> - objects in motion are not detailed and composed of squares; this is
> an MPEG compression artifact, the channel you're watching is broadcasting a
> low quality stream, there is no solution (keep in mind that a channel
> which appears good on a TV may appear bad on a PC because PC monitors
> are much better so defects are more visibles)

you are right, there are channels with better and lower quality, but I do
think there should not be a big difference between Win2000 and Linux.

> - objects move "by steps" and not gradually; something is wrong with the
> timing of the decoding process (CPU too busy, damaged MPEG,...)

CPU is used by 10 to 15 % max.

> > and if I change channels, xine does not react any more after 10 to 20
> > times changing the channel. I think this is not a problem of xine,
> > because even after killing all xine processes, and restarting the
> > programm I am not able to watch TV, (no Data Stream). Also it is not
> > possible to rmmod dvb-core, because it is busy. (using insmod.sh unload).
>
> The skystar2 driver can be compiled with debug turned on (look at the
> source) and has some module parameters. Debug info could be useful to
> understand what is happening; send it to the list if you need help with its
> interpretation.
> --
>    Roberto Ragusa    r.ragusa at libero.it

I looked at the sources, (.../dvb-kernel/linux/driver/media/dvb/b2c2), but I
am realy not shure how to enable the debugging. I tried to modificate the
skystar2.c (static int debug = 0, 1 and 2), but I have never seen any
difference.

so I tried
make clean
./getlinks
make -d
make -d install

I added the results od
lsmod
dmesg
lspci

but this results in 92964 lines. As I don't believe, that you are realy
willing to get this kind of information, can you pleasy specify how I can
produce the information you need.

I don't get errors during make, but during make install

regards Norbert schechner