[linux-dvb] Problems loading DEC2000T modules

I am having problems loading the DEC 2000T drivers.

My current system is Mandrake 9.2, Kernel 2.6.0-1mdk, which I have recompiled with the ttusb_dec driver.  The firmware is 2.15a, it has been extracted according to the instructions and is located at /etc/dvb/dec_2000t.bin

The kernel and modules compliled, installed without problems.

I have successfully got my box working with MythTV with the 0.14 CVS, Leadtek TV2000 card (analog) using the built in bttv drivers.

After the system loads, as root I type “modprobe ttusb_dec”

Then I check dmesg and I see the only thing added is

“drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver TechnoTrend/Hauppauge DEC USB”

Nothing else appears in dmesg or /var/log/messages

I check /dev

And I notice that /dev/dvb is created but no /dev/dvb/adaptor0

lsmod shows  ttusb_dec and dvb_core has been loaded in addition to what the bttv modules that were already there.

What am I doing wrong?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index