[linux-dvb] Re: DEC2540-T (again)

On Monday 12 January 2004 8:33 pm, Martijn van de Streek wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Alex Woods wrote:
> > Make sure you use tzap with the -r option to get output
> > on /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0.  The TV screen should show when the box has
> > tuned successfully though.
>
> It works!
> But only for the channels that don't require a smartcard... and that's
> only one channel here in .nl (+ all radio stations)
>
> Is smartcard-support planned? (it works in Windows..)

Ah.  Well, it wasn't planned, since I wasn't aware such a thing even
existed ;)

It should be possible to figure out from USB snoops of the windows software in
channel zapping action.  Are you up for having a go at producing some?  I
have to admit, I'm completely ignorant of the smartcard system, though.  If
anyone can suggest a good bit of documentation on it, please do ;)

Cheers,
Alex