[linux-dvb] Re: DEC2540-T (again)

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Alex Woods wrote:

> Ah.  Well, it wasn't planned, since I wasn't aware such a thing even
> existed ;)

:)
It gets even more interesting -- some channels are not available on USB
at all, because they're "Pay-TV" (Canal+).. according to Hauppauge,
Canal+ demanded this because people would have access to high-quality
versions of relatively new movies.

> It should be possible to figure out from USB snoops of the windows software in
> channel zapping action.  Are you up for having a go at producing some?  I
> have to admit, I'm completely ignorant of the smartcard system, though.  If
> anyone can suggest a good bit of documentation on it, please do ;)

If you can tell me the name of a program which can do USB snoops in
Windows, I'll try to do some capturing.

Isn't it possible to get more detailed specs from Hauppauge?

The people on the official Dutch support forum seem very helpful with
stuff like this (like telling "secret" debugging registry keys, etc.).

The forum is on http://www.hauppauge.tv/hcwforum/index.php?showforum=10
I could ask them for more detailed specifications...

Martijn
--
#!/bin/sh -e '($0&$0&)'