[linux-dvb] Re: 1.0.2 Release?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> I haven't used dvb-kernel yet and also have no 2.6 machine, but
> just wanted to drop in my 2 cents: IIRC there was a discussion
> a while ago about dvb-kernel being considerably slower in channel
> switching than the DVB driver (presumably because of different
> I2C handling). Is this still the case (or was it never the case)?
>
> If dvb-kernel switches channels slower than DVB, I guess this would be
> a "no-go" criteria for many people.

Well, the 2.4 kernel is not dead, but the "DVB" CVS tree is. There
just is no point in maintaining two driver trees.

If you think DVB is still better than dvb-kernel, it means we
need to do work on dvb-kernel. Better sooner than later.

BTW, I'm using dvb-kernel exclusively for some months now
and I'am very satisfied with its performance and stability.

But because development focus was 2.6.x we might need some
work to make dvb-kernel compatible with older 2.4 kernels.
Patches are welcome.

Regards,
Johannes