[linux-dvb] Re: Kernel 2.6 + DVB-S FF Problem

Dariush Forouher wrote:
Hi,

I've experiencing problems with the dvb driver shipped with 2.6.1:

If I call `szap -x "ZDF"` on Kernel 2.4 with DVB(CVS 2003-11-08),
the livestream stays, and xawtv shows a picture.
But if I call it on kernel 2.6.1, the livestream stops after some
seconds and xawtv doesn't show anything at all.
don't use the '-x' option, otherwise the frontend file descriptor will get closed and the driver will thus think you don't need the device anymore and shut it down.

Additionally, vdr makes a lot of problems with the new kernel 2.6 driver:
no livestream most of the time, stuttering replay and lots of crashes.
can you please be more specific? Driver-, firmware- or VDR-crashes? what log messages? what kernel messages?

Holger