[linux-dvb] Re: /dev/dvb empty

On Friday 16 January 2004 5:02 pm, Roland Gersch wrote:
> Brendan Bispham wrote:
> >>ls /sys/bus/usb/drivers/
> >
> >TechnoTrend/Hauppauge DEC US  hid  hub  stv680  usb  usb-storage  usbfs
> > usblp
> >
> >>ls /sys/bus/usb/drivers/TechnoTrend/Hauppauge\ DEC\ US
> >
> >ls: /sys/bus/usb/drivers/TechnoTrend/Hauppauge DEC US: No such file or
> >directory
>
> You are missing a backslash after TechnoTrend, so it is not a really
> bad sign, but I still do not think the driver loaded properly. I will
> think further when I am back home.

Yeah, sorry about that horrible name in there.  I changed it in cvs a while
back after reading in a header file that it was meant to be the driver
name ;)

Anyway, it would be useful if you could do this:

Plug in DEC powered off
rmmod ttusb-dec
modprobe ttusb-dec debug=1
Power on DEC

and let us know what appears in your kernel logs.

As for the hotplug stuff, I develop the driver on Gentoo with a 2.6 kernel,
and hotplug has just worked since version 20030805-r3 of the package.  libdvb
won't build, presumably because the gentoo linux-headers package is so old.
It's not hard to build it yourself though.

Cheers,
Alex