[linux-dvb] Re: Kernel oops with ttusb_dec

Am Sonntag, 18. Januar 2004 23:13 schrieb Alex Woods:

> No, cipcb isn't needed.  It should be using the crc32 function from the
> main kernel.  If it's trying to use the one in cipcb, which takes very
> different arguments, it's no wonder there is a problem.
>
> I'm unsure of the right way to fix this.  Suggestions anyone?

Does this mean that the kernel from SuSE has no internal crc32 functions?

As a hint I can give the output gcc and insmod give:

gcc:

gcc -I/data/videoediting/dvb/dvb-kernel/build-2.4/include -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/
sr
c/linux-2.4.21-166-include/athlon/include  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wno-trigra
phs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer
-fno-unit-at-a-tim
e -pipe -msoft-float -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=athlon -DMODULE
-DMODVE
RSIONS -include /usr/src/linux-2.4.21-166-include/athlon/include/linux/
modversio
ns.h -MD -I ../linux/include -I . -DCONFIG_DVB_AV7110_OSD -nostdinc
-iwithprefix
include -DKBUILD_BASENAME=ttusb_dec  -c -o ttusb_dec.o ttusb_dec.c
ttusb_dec.c: In function `ttusb_dec_boot_dsp':
ttusb_dec.c:1235: Warnung: implicit declaration of function `crc32' <--------

insmod:

Thor:/data/videoediting/dvb/dvb-kernel/build-2.4 # insmod dvb-core.o
Thor:/data/videoediting/dvb/dvb-kernel/build-2.4 # insmod ttusb_dec.o
ttusb_dec.o: unresolved symbol crc32

The only module which fullfills the symbol crc32 is cipcb.

--

www.pinguin-and-knights.org
2003 by Lontro