[linux-dvb] Re: /dev/dvb empty

> I imagine that you haven't done this:
> rc-update add hotplug default
> In order to have the hotplug daemon start up at boot time.  Can't remember
> if it starts the service on running rc-update.  Do this to be sure:
> /etc/init.d/hotplug start

Not that daemon is the right word..  I thought this stuff filled the value
of /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug, but it seems to default to /sbin/hotplug anyway.
All the rc scripts seem to do is run hotplug for cold-plugged devices.

Still, some things worth checking:

cat /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
should be /sbin/hotplug

/sbin/hotplug
should give a list of agent names, including firmware.

sed -n 's/^.* \([^ ]*\) sysfs .*$/\1/p' /proc/mounts
should be /sys

Cheers,
Alex