[linux-dvb] Re: Nova-CI: why does opening /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0return "no such device?"

Ralph Metzler wrote:
Luca Abeni writes:
> Hi all,
> > On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 13:24, Carlo E. Prelz wrote:
> > Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: Nova-CI: why does opening /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0 return "no such device?"
> > Date: mar, gen 20, 2004 at 02:01:55 +0100
> > > not supported because we have no information from the vendor how
> > > it works. I added a note to Kconfig accordingly.
> > are there better choices?
> > I'd also like to know if there is some budget CI card that works under
> linux...

Currently not.
There are drivers for the KNC cards but they are still
proprietary. Drivers for the Twinhan CI cards should be around quite soon
too?!
Unless there is someone else working on the CI for the Twinhan then it's moving _very_ slowly, but it is being worked on.

Regards,
Brad