[linux-dvb] Re: kernel 2.4.20-28.7 RedHat 7.3 problem

Hi,

my wisdom im larger *joke*, i know your problem without telling me whats up:

get a working compiler (gcc 2.95.3  gcc.gnu.org)
get a clean kernel (www.kernel.org)

build a kernel with that compiler and dvb will instantly work.

you may be able to skipt that compiler up/downgrade, but in that case be
prepared for random lookups, esp. if you use usb.

Cheers Onno

(yup got redhat 7.3 too, so see redhat.com for a good guide on building the
kernel)

Niklas Peinecke wrote:
Andrej Surkov wrote:

Hello!

I've got a problem: linuxtv-1.0.1 won't compile proper on my kernel 2.4.20-28.7 RedHat 7.3 box. Can anybody help?

Sure, if you provide the error output ;)

Niklas