[linux-dvb] Re: changing channel leads to system crash with Skystar2

Helmut Gildein wrote:
Hi,
I am using a skystar2 2.6B card under suse linux 9.0 (kernel 2.4.21). I
checked out latest dvb-kernel, compiled and loaded modules dvb-core,
stv0299 and skystar2. Watching of the first tv channel in channel.conf
is working. As soon as I change channel (either in xine or using szap)
the system hangs and I have to do a reset! Here are the last system
messages:

i2c-core.o: i2c core module version 2.8.0 (20030714)
skystar2.c: FlexCopII(rev.130) chip found
skystar2.c: the chip has 6 hardware filters
DVB: registering new adapter (Technisat SkyStar2 driver).
probe_tuner: try to attach to Technisat SkyStar2 driver
stv0299.c: setup for tuner Samsung TBMU24112IMB DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (STV0299/TSA5059/SL1935 based)...
modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-1-3
modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-2
modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-2-3
modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-3
modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-3-3
kernel: ALSA via82xx.c:704: invalid via82xx_cur_ptr, using last valid
pointer
last message repeated 3 times
This looks like an ALSA related problem to me. Do you have a working setup of your soundcard (i.e. does sound work with other apps)? Setting up sound with yast2 doesn't always work properly, sometimes alsaconf is the only way. Getting the latest ALSA and installing according to instructions can probably fix the problems.

Niklas