[linux-dvb] Re: Nebula DigiTV and nxt6000 problems

Robert Cook wrote:
The board revision is E 03/2003

It has the following chips:

About 1cm square
NxtWave communications
Nxt 6000
DD8376
1A1 0304
Ok, then they still have the Ntx6000 onboard. Hmmm - I read again your first mail and there you mentioned that it was already working, so sorry for confusion. But now I remember the problem: Gerd Knorr said that the bt8xx it is not able to send zero-byte messages using the hardware i2c controller thus you get -EINVAL when trying to check which PLL is onboard - so you need the software bitbanging driver for the nxt6000.

I modified the nxt6000 driver so that it does not sends zero-length messages anymore, can you please test and report whether it works for you?

Holger