[linux-dvb] Re: python: linuxdvb wrapper, small gtk tv viewer (url)

Danny Milosavljevic wrote:

> On
> http://ifurita.kicks-ass.net/zapy.tar.gz
> I put my small python program used to watch tv.

Nice!

http://linuxtv.org/download/dvb/linux-dvb-api-1.0.0.pdf

> - When using the demux, is it possible to unset the
> Pes Filter without closing and reopening the device ?

DMX_STOP should do the trick.

> - If I want to get the complete transport stream, how
> do I do that ? do I add Pes filter on pid 8192 ? and
> read the dvr0 device as usual ?

Yes.

> - Also, when sending diseqc master cmd, it seems that
> I need to send it multiple times with 1 sec pause
> between tries to make it have any effect. Is that
> normal? (still investigating on that one)

Repetitions are required if you have cascaded diseqc switches
(e.g. one "real" switch to change LNBs and one switch bult into
each LNB to switch pol/band). However the one second pause is
not required, I think the standard requires 100msec or so
(www.eutelsat.com).

> - Are signal ranges standardized to:
>   SNR 0..65535
>   Signal Strength 0..65535

The full 16bit range is used.

>   BER ?

AFAIK it depends on the froentned driver.

> - When using dvbnet -p <pid>, do I have to start
> something similar to what 'dvbtune -r' does ? or does
> it get the net data without user-side polling /
> without leaving demux open ?

No '-r' required, the dvb_net driver allocates one
(or more) section filter(s) matching the address(es)
configured with ifconfig, or by joining multicast groups.

HTH,
Johannes