[linux-dvb] python: linuxdvb wrapper, small gtk tv viewer (url)

Hi,

On
http://ifurita.kicks-ass.net/zapy.tar.gz
I put my small python program used to watch tv.

It has rotor support, mplayer embedding, channel list
support (read only), signal indicators. For now I only
tested it on budget dvb (skystar2).

For full featured, I'd guess there are some ioctl to
give the card the vpid and apid to display on its tv
out.
Feel free to add that feature though (and send me a
patch :))

Required is:
    ~/.szap/channels.conf

Required packages:
    python >= 2.2
    pygtk >= 2
    gtk >= 2
    mplayer

Also in the "linuxdvb" subdir there is an python
wrapper for linuxdvb (new dvb-kernel version), which
is used for the main program "zapy" as well...

Thought maybe someone might find this useful.

I have some questions about the dvb api though.
- Is there an api doc ? if so, feel free to point me
to it and disregard the other questions.

- When using the demux, is it possible to unset the
Pes Filter without closing and reopening the device ?

- If I want to get the complete transport stream, how
do I do that ? do I add Pes filter on pid 8192 ? and
read the dvr0 device as usual ?

- I'd guess in order to watch a particular channel of
the complete transport stream one would use either
"source | ts2ps vpid apid | mplayer -" or "mplayer
-vid vpid -aid apid source", correct ?

- Also, when sending diseqc master cmd, it seems that
I need to send it multiple times with 1 sec pause
between tries to make it have any effect. Is that
normal? (still investigating on that one)

- Are signal ranges standardized to:
  SNR 0..65535
  Signal Strength 0..65535
  BER ?
?

- When using dvbnet -p <pid>, do I have to start
something similar to what 'dvbtune -r' does ? or does
it get the net data without user-side polling /
without leaving demux open ?

Thanks for your time.

Have fun...

cheers,