[linux-dvb] Re: Example modifications to support request_firmware

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 16:21, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > Hi, this patch is an example of how the changes to support
> > request_firmware might be done. I've only made the neccessary changes to
> > certain example devices. It probably won't compile.
> >
> > Please let me know what you think.
>
> Hmmm - what exactly is the meaning of this device struct - it's not
> attached to a device but to the adapter which has no matching device
> node, not? Am I misunderstanding something?

Its the linux device structure as defined in linux/device.h..... it made sense
to me to attach it to the adapter because the adapter is the thing physically
plugged into a bus on the machine, not the DVB-devices which are things
attached to the adapter.