[linux-dvb] Re: Problem with Nova-T & 2.6.1

> Hi
>
> Two different locations are mentioned in the dvb-kernel firmware.txt;
>
> /etc/dvb/tda1004x.bin
> and the kernel tda1004x Kconfig file;
> /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/tda1004x.bin
>
> I have placed the .dll file to both locations, but I still can't modprobe
> tda1004x. I assume i'm missing something fairly obvious. Any ideas?

If you try to modprobe tda1004x without the firmware, you'll see a message in
dmesg saying it can't find it, and the path it tried. Does this happen?

There is some confusion over the firmware location for tda1004x. Theres also a
third place (/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/tda1004x.mc)!

I'm going to sort that out over the weekend. I will make
it /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/tda1004x.bin everywhere.