[linux-dvb] Re: Problem with Nova-T & 2.6.1

Holger Waechtler <holger@convergence.de> wrote :

> zen7175@zen.co.uk
> wrote:
> > Holger Waechtler &amp;lang=en">holger@convergence.de>
> wrote :
> >

> >>zen7175@zen.co.uk

> like

> other

> it
> >>
> >>with

> Fedora

> >>dvb

> isn't

> >>which

> (0x13c2,0x1005).

> find

> >>player

> dvb://

> >>about

> >>experience isn't great) it appears as though the FC2 2.6.1-1.61 kernel
> package
> >>isn't created with a module for the tda1004x frontend.

> >>Read dvb-kernel/linux/Documentation/dvb/firmware.txt and the kernel
> >>config help for the tda1004x -- you need to install a not anymore
> >>included firmware file coming with your windows driver to get this
> >>driver running...
> >>
> >>PC sucks.
> >>
> >>Holger
> >>

> >>--
> >>Info:
> >

> > Hi
> >
> > Two different locations are mentioned in the dvb-kernel firmware.txt;
> >
> > /etc/dvb/tda1004x.bin
> > and the kernel tda1004x Kconfig file;
> > /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/tda1004x.bin
> >
> > I have placed the .dll file to both locations, but I still can't modprobe
> tda1004x. I assume i'm missing something fairly obvious. Any ideas?
>
> Have you recompiled the driver? Check for warnings at compile time and
> follow the instructions there...
>
> Holger
>

> --
> Info:

No I hadn't recompiled the driver. I was hoping not to have to (whenever I try to compile drivers it never seems to work properly, almost certainly my fault though).

How should I re-compile the driver?

I have downloaded the dvb-kernel from cvs, as of this morning, and doing a make in the dvb-kernel directory I get as far as:

..
  CC [M]  /usr/src/dvb-kernel/build-2.6/budget-core.o
  CC [M]  /usr/src/dvb-kernel/build-2.6/budget.o
  CC [M]  /usr/src/dvb-kernel/build-2.6/budget-av.o
  CC [M]  /usr/src/dvb-kernel/build-2.6/budget-ci.o
  CC [M]  /usr/src/dvb-kernel/build-2.6/budget-patch.o
  LD [M]  /usr/src/dvb-kernel/build-2.6/dvb-ttpci.o
  GEN     .version
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `init/main.o', needed by `init/built-in.o'.  Stop.
make[2]: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/lib/modules/2.6.1-1.61/build'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dvb-kernel/build-2.6'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Many thanks for your help
Peter