[linux-dvb] Re: Driver problems

> Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> > I have tried again and move the dvb card to my windows
> machine and it works
> > much better, no bad reception and no channel tuning problems.
> >
> > But I want it to work on linux and not windows.
>
> Do you have one of the cards where the PWM value stored in the card's
> EEPROM needs to be overridden? I don't remember exactly for
> which cards
> this was required or improved things, maybe you want to check
> the mail
> archives or just try to override it using the 'pwm=' module parameter
> for ves1820.o and optimize this value by trial'n'error...
>
> Please check the mail archives for the background info.
>
> Holger

In the syslog I get a line like: "DVB: VES1820(0): pwm=0x40"
I'll have to try changing it.

If this works, maybe a few lines in some readme file coud be added to the
dvb drivers so that others that run into the same problem atleast know what
to try.

What does this pwm thing do?
In the windows app the channel frequencies is for example 322.012Mhz but on
linux after running a scan it's 322Mhz. Coud this have anything to do with
it?