[linux-dvb] Re: Is there anything I could do to make editingmark working under 2.6?

Gregoire Favre wrote:

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 04:23:25PM +0100, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

What works for me is:

LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4 ./vdr

Which means that this problem is unrelated to the DVB drivers,
but due to changed behaviour of the new NPTL (native posix
threading library) vs. the old linuxthreads.

(LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4 makes glibc use linuxthreads
even if the kernel is capable of running NPTL.)

;-)

It works perfectly, I didn't immediatly try it because I didn't fully
understand all answer!!!

So, the "bug" is in VDR?

I can confirm this. So the problem is that vdr can't deal properly with pthreads. This is known for 1.2.x, but 1.3.x states in the HISTORY file that this problem is solved, so i didn't tried the old threading lib.

Thank you for working this out.

Arne