[linux-dvb] Re: Activation of a card via Nexus+VDR - Possible?

> Cruel destiny brought me to need to receive encrypted channels with
> proper CAM and card. The provider says: tune to this frequency and I
> will send the appropriate info that will activate your card.
>
> I tuned the card with VDR to the specified frequency/vpid/apid (tuning
> confirmed by receiving programmes from the programme guide), called
> the provider and was assured that within a half-hour the card would be
> activated. This did not happen. I am sure of this because I can see
> the date of the temporary activation of the card, from the CICAM menu
> of VDR, still set to 2 weeks ago.
>
> Dear collective knowledge, does any of you know if VDR or the driver
> is able to pass whatever message is emitted by the provider to
> wherever it is needed to activate this card? Or do I need to access a
> real set-top box for this?

Hello,

this could be only a problem with you CICAM, because neither vdr or the
driver touch anything in the stream you need for activation. Only if your
CICAM is not supported by vdr the card could not be activated.

If your provider is PREMIERE, and you use an older Irdeto 4.6/4.7/4.8 SE or
an Alphacrypt CI with firmware < 2.02, then you must update your CICAM.

Greetings

Andreas Share