[linux-dvb] Re: Budget DVB-C tuning problems

on 2004-02-07 at 13:17, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> Your problem looks like the same problem I am having.

Nice to know I'm not alone...

> There must be some problem with the drivers because the windows drivers
> works perfectly on all channels.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to try the card with windows.

> I've been suspecting the frequency too.

I tried to fiddle with the ifreq value in ves1820.c, but the AFC value
only got worse. Also, the value (3) -20214Hz seems to be within an
acceptable range according to previous postings. I'm beginning to think
that this is not a frequency problem after all.

> Does your card get realy hot too?

Right now the tuner box is warm, but it doesn't burn the finger when
touching. I'll have to check the temperature after it has been operating
for a longer time.

> Is it normal for dvb-c cards to get hot?

Apparently it is, and that's why there's a switch-off timeout.