[linux-dvb] Re: Budget DVB-C tuning problems

on 2004-02-07 at 12:34, I wrote:
> I'm having tuning problems on my budget DVB-C card. When I get a good
> tuning, everything works perfectly. Unfortunately I get occasional
> tuning failures all the time.

The rule seems to be:
If I wait for more than 8 seconds after a successful tuning, the tuning
will fail.
An immediate re-tuning attempt after a failed or successful tuning will
succeed.

I remember reading about a timeout which shuts down the card to save
power. If that's the case, then it seems that the card wakes up on the
first tuning attempt but can't tune immediately.