[linux-dvb] Re: Budget DVB-C tuning problems

on 2004-02-07 at 12:57, I wrote:
> The rule seems to be:
> If I wait for more than 8 seconds after a successful tuning, the
tuning
> will fail.
> An immediate re-tuning attempt after a failed or successful tuning
will
> succeed.

Here's a thread from a year back dealing with the same problem:

Andrew got the tuning to work initially by
commenting dvb_frontend_recover() out in dvb_frontend.c, but that didn't
fix anything in my setup, and apparently it's really not a good solution
either.

In this message
http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/2002/12-2002/msg00076.html
Andrew reported having solved the problem by increasing the initial
delay to 3 seconds in dvb_frontend_thread(), but I haven't found where
and how exactly to do that change.