[linux-dvb] Re: AMD64 and DVB

Max Nickel wrote:
> Hi,
> i bought a brand new Athlon64 yesterday. So far everything is running
> fine, except the DVB drivers.

Which driver? From 2.6.x kernel, CVS or release 1.1.0?

> The problem is, that the av7110 driver makes excessive use of crc32 when
> it tries to load the firmware, which causes problems on a 64Bit System
> :)

Hm, I wonder what your definition of "excessive" is...
What exactly is the problem?

> Is there any way to fix this, or some smart workaround ?

The firmware crc checks are just for fun ;-), you can
comment them out if you want. But maybe the checks fail
because something else corrupts the firmware? Some
alignment issue?

> P.S. During compiling i noticed some warnings about casts from Ints to
> Pointers that have a different size. If you are interested i can send
> you the list of files where it occured

Sure. We don't have 64bit machines, so we can only fix if we
get detailed info.

Thanks,
Johannes