[linux-dvb] Hauppauge Nova-S (budget) needs reboot

Hi Ivan,

> Statt Neustarten mache ich "unload and load" von DVB-Treibern, manchmal
> sogar mehrmals. Ich bin an der Idee gekommen, dass die Ursache die meine
> Kombination von Hardware und Kernel ist. Sie ist:
>
>  - i845Gx(VGA-onboard)
> - LAN onboard
> - SOUND onboard
>  - AMI-BIOS (MSI-MB)
> - P IV 2.4GHz, FSB533
>
> - Kernel 2.4.22, 2.4.24
> - DVB-drivers - die letzte von www.linuxtv.org
> - OS - SuSE Linux 8.2
>
> Es ist etwas bestimmt mit Linux verbindet(Kernel oder DVB-driver), weil mit
>W$N alles läuft problemlos.

My setup is quite complementary - I use an Athon TBird with and Asus
A7V133 motherboard (VIA chipset).
I use Gentoo Linux and the DVB drivers that are included in the kernel.

And I also can confirm that using Windows, the card is working every
time...

Unloading and reloading doesn't do the trick for me - I have to reboot.

Kind regards,

Stephan