[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge Nova-S (budget) needs reboot

Stephan Weber wrote:

Hi,

using my DVB-S card I face the following problem:
During boot up my dvb driver is loaded and everything seems to be just fine.
Afterwards I can't use it because /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 doesn't deliver
anything at all. No wonder using xine or vdr doesn't work.
Doing just a reboot everything just works like a charm (I use this "feature"
for over three month now and it is always acting like this....)

I have what sounds like the same problem with a Nova-T (v1.2
with Grundig FE).

On boot up everything loads fine but I can't get any data from
the card. If I try 'dvbscan -t706M' for example it will just time
out. If I do a soft reboot then it will work properly.

I have a script setting the PCI latency to 128 upon bootup, if
I don't do this it never works.

I am using kernel 2.4.24 and have tried the 1.0.2 and the 1.1
drivers recently. I can't say how long this has been happening
since I'm setting up a new system and have never had it working
properly. A couple of months ago in another box with 2.4.22
and the DVB drivers it was perfect.

Sim

--
Simeon Walker,                      email: simeon@sbs.bangor.ac.uk
School of Biological Sciences,      phone: +44 (0)1248 383702