[linux-dvb] Re: Tuning problems

> > I have been trying to figure out why the windows software gets
> > better signal quality than the linux drivers on some channels.
>
> FWIW, I compared the tuner control code of the TT driver
> (2.16a) against
> the Linux sources and they appear to work exactly the same. So the
> difference is probably _not_ found in the tuner control.
>
> Instead, take a look at the VES1820 control code for QAM and
> symbol rate.
> What QAM and symbol rate are the channels you are having
> problems with?
> Here in Germany, I only have 64-QAM and 6900 kbaud channels,
> and those work
> flawlessly.

All channels is QAM64 and 6875 K symbol rate.

I have looked in the windows drivers and I managed to find the ves1820
initial values (which was almost identical to the linux values) and some
other tuning related code that looked similar to how the linux drivers to
it.
But I haven't looked at the qam and symbol rate parts yet.
I'm no assembly expert so it takes some time to examine the drivers.