[linux-dvb] Re: Tuning problems

From: "Torbjörn Jansson" <torbjorn.jansson@mbox200.swipnet.se>
> I have been trying to figure out why the windows software gets
> better signal quality than the linux drivers on some channels.

FWIW, I compared the tuner control code of the TT driver (2.16a) against
the Linux sources and they appear to work exactly the same. So the
difference is probably _not_ found in the tuner control.

Instead, take a look at the VES1820 control code for QAM and symbol rate.
What QAM and symbol rate are the channels you are having problems with?
Here in Germany, I only have 64-QAM and 6900 kbaud channels, and those work
flawlessly.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach