[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured cards

I bought mine at <http://www.usa-x.org/1shop/default.php> (180 €).

> My understanding is that I need at least one card that support
> DVB-IN, DVB/TV-OUT and has an MPEG decoder on board. These seem to be in
> very short supply on the open market, so if you know of a card that is
> available I would be very glad to hear from you.

> Otherwise, any reason why I cant use a hi-end AGP card with a TV/DVI-out
> capability?

I also wondered that, but I'm happy that I bought a FF card. VDR only
takes about 10-15% CPU on my 700 MHz Athlon, and I could even shutdown
VDR and the card would display the current program without any CPU
usage, all in hardware/firmware on the card (of course if you're
building a VDR-only box, this won't matter much, but I'm using VDR on my
normal one-for-all machine).

Regards...
		Michael