[linux-dvb] dvb-bt8xx interrupt handling & overflow errors

Hi,

I'm confused about interrupt handling in the dvb-bt8xx driver. It looks
like the dvb-bt8xx driver has its own interrupt handler, which checks
most interrupts including FBUS (pixel data fifo overrun).

However, I'm getting some messages in my kernel log from the interrupt
handler in the bttv driver, like

bttv0: IRQ lockup, cleared int mask [bits: GPINT*]

That driver doesn't check the FBUS bit though.

I'm still chasing down my strange continuity errors (without
accompanying transport errors) when doing some things in MythTV. dmxdev
isn't reporting buffer overflows in those cases. I would like to know if
the bt878's fifo is overflowing but I can't tell if it's being monitored
or not.

BTW, I read that the bt878 + dvb setup transfers the mpeg data through
the digital audio path. Is that correct? In that case, setpci etc should
be performed on the audio sub-function rather than the video?

thanks

Hamish