[linux-dvb] overlay-problem -> pci-latency

Me (and someone else) noticed a problem with the overlay becoming black or
turned of if an other window is partially before the overlay and clipping
rectangles are used.

I experimented with PCI latency for the saa7146 and found out, that using
larger latency increases those problems and using smaller latency reducing
it.

Of course very small latencies are not suitable too, at a latency of 16 the
overlay functions pretty stable, only if the obfuscation is at the right end
of the overlay it is still vanishing.

In other cases the overlay disappears after some time (usually less than 2
seconds) depending on the position of the obfuscating window upon the
overlay.

Not sure but in system log sometimes messages like this appear, but not
directly if the overlay is disappearing:

Feb 15 12:46:02 [kernel] saa7146: ==> calculate_video_dma1_overlay: illegal
values: y: 0  h: 0  d: 16  b: 4096  base: -536870912

Is this a chipset or a driver bug?

(Have a Lex BN815 mainboard which has an i815 chipset.)

---

other remark regarding the overlay:

while grabbing an image or using xv in an overlay-displaying application (as
my kvdr) the overlay is turned back on by the driver accidently, therefore
one needs to set it to a very small size that it does'nt disturb the
xv-frame. At least i have no other idea what to do with the overlay if i
don't want it to be seen.