[linux-dvb] Re: Accessing the encoded multiplex

Chris Chatfield wrote:

> What I was wondering is this: Is it possible to get hold of the multiplex
> data before the card has had a chance to process it? I want to see if it's
> possible to do some of the decoding in (userland) software, such as the bit
> deinterleaving and error correction (maybe even the FFT). I ask this because
> I think it would be interesting, and perhaps I could improve my reception by
> using some clever algorithms at the expense of some cpu load.
>
> I have the basic Hauppauge Nova-t PCI card.

You can only get the output of the demodulator (which is an MPEG2
transport stream) from this card.

GNU Radio http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/gnuradio.html
does all decoding in software. They used a 20 MSamples/s A/D card to
capture and decode a HDTV stream, but not in realtime.

Johannes