[linux-dvb] Re: Budget DVB-C tuning problems

on 2004-02-14 at 00:00, Ingolf Haberer wrote:
> Then I applied Antti Kaiholas "patch" in dvb_frontend_set_parameters():
[...]
> Even with delay decreased down to 1 channel switching seems to work properly.

Even though you seem to have some AFC-related problems as well, I'd like
to point out to the driver developers that there's also something else
fishy going on with these Budget DVB-C cards.

After I've "patched" the dvb-kernel driver with my double
FE_SET_FRONTEND calls in dvb_frontend_set_parameters(), I've had _no_
tuning problems whatsoever. Before the patch tuning failed in about 95%
of the cases when more than 8 seconds had elapsed from the last tuning
attempt.

So, clearly the card is not in a good state to receive FE_SET_FRONTEND
and needs to be woken up.

Is any kind of technical data available for these cards (Budget DVB-C
bought from USA-X, see my original posting for details)?

-Antti