[linux-dvb] Budget DVB-C tuning problems

hello,

I have the same card (TT Budget C) and same problems (HTV DVB-C
network, FI), kernel 2.6.1 linuxtv-dvb-1.1.0

I tried Kaihola's patch, i.e.
(void)vb_frontend_internal_ioctl (frontend, FE_SET_FRONTEND, param);
dvb_delay(100); /* clear your head before action */
err = dvb_frontend_internal_ioctl (frontend, FE_SET_FRONTEND, param);

which seemed to improve success rate (from 60% failures to perhaps
about 25% failures).  Increasing the delay to 1000 improves the
result a bit...

Then I tried the Haberer's solution, i.e. remove FE_CAN_RECOVER from
ves1820.  This seems a to give an acceptable but not a very nice
solution.  Now the unsuccesful tunings result in retrials every approx
5 secs, and about 5-10 of them are needed to get a final successful
tuning.  So, in the best cases my card now tunes in a couple of
seconds, and in the worst cases in less than a minute! :)

It seems to me that the problematic tunings are the ones where the
resulting AFC is different than that of the previous tuning.  The
values are OK as such (about 3 or 4).  Also, it seems that the worst
tuning problems happen right after the DVB card has been woken up;
after the card has once been able to tune to a specific frequency, it
seems to be better in re-tuning to that frequency after being
somewhere else in between.  But this is just a feeling...

yours,
		Jouni