[linux-dvb] Accessing the encoded multiplex

Hi,

As this is my first post here, may I say thanks for bringing dvb to linux. I
am using it and enjoy the fruits of your work regularly.

What I was wondering is this: Is it possible to get hold of the multiplex
data before the card has had a chance to process it? I want to see if it's
possible to do some of the decoding in (userland) software, such as the bit
deinterleaving and error correction (maybe even the FFT). I ask this because
I think it would be interesting, and perhaps I could improve my reception by
using some clever algorithms at the expense of some cpu load.

I have the basic Hauppauge Nova-t PCI card.

Many thanks,

Chris