[linux-dvb] Re: SPAM Warning

Guido Fiala wrote:
Am Sonntag, 15. Februar 2004 11:59 schrieb Robert Schlabbach:

From: "Scott White" <scott-dvb@riskboys.com>

I got spammed today to an Email address I have only had for 4 days
and only used on this list by a s.hadley2@ntlworld.com

Just wanted to warn you to be careful as this list is obviously
being monitored and the addresses scraped.
You hit a bug in this mailing list archive's web interface! Normally, it
invalidates the sender's addresses as in this case:

Probably lot's of people are already affected - once your email adress is out there in SPAM-space you will never get rid of it again :-(

Many ML do no even try to mask the email adress in their archives, others try but fail. It's a question if a PM-mail-adress is really required in the archives.

But once you own a domain you have no other choice than filter anyway.
the list admins told me that this issue should be fixed now...

Holger