[linux-dvb] Re: Problem installing driver, TT DVB-T Budget, Kernel2.4.24

Mattias Ernelli wrote:
I have problems installing the drivers for A Technotrend WinDVB-T 1300 card.

http://www.usa-x.org/1shop/images/t1300.jpg

I have tried several combinations of kernels and linuxtv-dvb driver
releases. The one that built properly on my system was linuxtv-dvb-1.1.0.

After resolving all module dependencies and firmware requirements the
insmod.sh script now onlu reports "init_module: No such device" for all
drivers it tries to load.

I have spent a lot of time searching the mailinglists on linuxtv.org without
any clues on how to proceed. The next step is to dig into the driver source
and figure out why my card is not detected, but before I spend a lot of time
on that track I hope that someone on this list can give me any feedback on
what is wrong.

My goal for this system setup is to use the DVB-T Budget card to receive and
record TV programs that I will use an X-BOX to view and playback the
streams/programs on. I will contribute to the development of VDR by writing
a plugin that will allow realtime streaming and playback using the XNS
streaming protocol and XBMP.

But before that I must get the card working in my system so any help is
appreciated.

Thanks in advance

//Mattias Ernelli

System config:
Debian woody patched to latest testing level.
Kernel 2.4.24
gcc 3.3.2
Technotrend WinDVB-T 1300
linuxtv-dvb-1.1.0 built without errors or warnings, except "TOPDIR" Makfile
complaints..

Here is the list of installed modules prior installing DVB drivers:

usbcore                37316   0
crc32                   2880   0
evdev                   4256   0  (unused)
input                   3296   0  [evdev]
ipt_limit                824   3  (autoclean)
ipt_state                536   3  (autoclean)
iptable_filter          1644   1  (autoclean)
ipt_MASQUERADE          1464   1
iptable_nat            15246   1  [ipt_MASQUERADE]
ip_conntrack           18916   2  [ipt_state ipt_MASQUERADE iptable_nat]
ipt_LOG                 3320   3
ip_tables              12064   8  [ipt_limit ipt_state iptable_filter
ipt_MASQUERADE iptable_nat ipt_LOG]
natsemi                15136   2

When installing DVB drivers using insmod.sh script in build-2.4, the
following output is written:

manta:/usr/src/vdr/DVB/build-2.4# ./insmod.sh load
Inserting DVB modules into kernel./dvb-ttpci.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
./dvb-ttpci-budget.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
./dvb-ttpci-budget-av.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
./skystar2.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg

dmesg shows:

Linux video capture interface: v1.00
saa7146: register extension 'dvb'.
saa7146: register extension 'budget dvb'.
saa7146: register extension 'budget_ci dvb'.
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 00:14.0
saa7146_core: found saa7146 @ mem ca89d000 (revision 1, irq 11)
(0x13c2,0x1011).
DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T  PCI).
tda1004x: Detected Philips TDA10045H.
tda1004x: Detected Philips TD1316 tuner.
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (Philips TDA10045H)...
TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T  PCI adapter 0 has MAC addr = 00:d0:5c:22:2d:e3
saa7146: register extension 'budget dvb /w video in'.
looks good. The driver is loaded, you can now start a DVB application. Don't worry about the 'no such device' warnings, they are normally emitted by all DVB drivers that don't find a matching hardware in your computer. Since you only have the Nova-T only this driver will get successfully loaded.

Holger