[linux-dvb] Re: Accessing the encoded multiplex

>> What I was wondering is this: Is it possible to get hold of the multiplex
>> data before the card has had a chance to process it? I want to see if
it's
>> possible to do some of the decoding in (userland) software, such as the
bit
>> deinterleaving and error correction (maybe even the FFT). I ask this
because
>> I think it would be interesting, and perhaps I could improve my reception
by
>> using some clever algorithms at the expense of some cpu load.
>>
>> I have the basic Hauppauge Nova-t PCI card.
>
> You can only get the output of the demodulator (which is an MPEG2
> transport stream) from this card.

The thing that gave me a slight hope was that I saw in the L64780 chip
document
there was a bus (admittedly for debugging) that sent the output from various
stages in the demodulation pipeline.

I realise this chip is not the one in my card, and even if mine does have
this
feature, that the chances of this bus being wired into something accessible
are
tiny. It's worth a try though!

Thanks,

Chris