[linux-dvb] Re: Technotrend DVB-C 2.1 card support

I have heard that this card may have some heating problems.
Could that be the cause for your channel problems.

Do you happen to know any other pci card or how usb based dvb boxes works compared
to the pci cards in Linux?

Mika

Torbjörn Jansson wrote:

linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org <> wrote:

Hi

I have planned to buy technotrend DVB-C 2.1 card but after
reading from
your site I am little confused whether
this card works under linux? In the projects/dvb/market you say that
Technotrend 2.1 card is currently
not working with linux dvb drivers. But in the html section
developer/dvb it is mentioned that 1.1, 1.3, 1.5, 1.6 and 2.1 version
of many tuners are supported.
I tried to search more info from the mailing list archive but
as people
often complain from the problems there I was not 100 % sure whether
problems related to Technotrend card were solved.

I have found the card I plan to buy from the following site

http://www.usa-x.org/1shop/product_info.php?cPath=2_14&products_id=42

I got the same dvb-c card and I also got it from usa-x.
Currently my problems is that I get realy bad reception on some channels,
the weird part is that the bad channels change when I switch computer.
The card works perfectly with windows and the bundled software, it's slow
but work.

I haven't found any good solution to my problems so far.

The remote controller I got with my card was a serial port type and the
remote was one of those universal remotes, "Kingman 12 in 1 Universal
remotecontroller"
The remote smelled funny when I got it.

I expected some kind of remote that was connected to the dvb card directly,
but I guess this solution with a serial port remote is more flexibel. Any
remote works, it's just a matter of learning lirc how to handle it (wasn't
hard)

As the card seems to have mpeg2 hardware decoder,
composite video out, spdif audio out, it seems to be a pretty good
alternative for the VDR project.
But if you have some other recommendations for the card, I am
open for
the suggestions.

Mika