[linux-dvb] Re: AMD64 and DVB

Gerd Knorr wrote:
> Johannes Stezenbach <js@convergence.de> writes:
>
> >  int saa7146_wait_for_debi_done(struct saa7146_dev *dev)
> >  {
> > -	int start;
> > +	unsigned long start;
>
> Also note that av7110_debiread() doesn't pass up errors but just
> returns zero as result, which makes the firmware load function assume
> everything goes fine whereas it didn't ...

Yes, error handling in the low-level ARM communication functions
is pretty weak. But I added some checks to av7110_bootarm() so
we should catch the case where communications doesn't work
at all.

> That fix makes the arm core boot fine, which is a big step forward.
> The grundig frontend seems not to lock on any channel through, whereas
> my budget card with philips frontend locks fine on the two uhf
> channels and three out of five vhf channels.

I'm not sure if the frontend problems are AMD64 related. Maybe the
frontend doesn't work with weak signals.

Could you try the patch I attached here?

Or alternatively, just set 'buf [3] = 0xc0;' in tsa5060_set_tv_freq()?

Johannes