[linux-dvb] DVB-Over-IP

I'm a Software Manager for a company called Amino Communications, who develop and manufacture a range of low-cost Set Top Boxes, of course using Linux.

Our main market is DVB-Over-IP and in the last year have been one of the main drivers in this market worldwide. We also have a range of Hybrid STBs as well (DVB-T & IP, DVB-S & IP) although these have generally been kept in the labs apart several deployments.

We are looking to develop and support the LinuxDVB API in our STBs for a variety of customers, which brings me on to my question.

At the moment, there has been no official proposal to create IP based frontends for the reception of DVB-IP. Has anyone else contributed or suggested an implementation which we can further add to, comment on or redevelop?

We have had some experience in deploying DVB-IP STBs around the world, with commercial deployments around the world. (Sorry for the plug see www.aminocom.com if you're interested.)

At this moment in time, most of our customers utilise Javascript interfaces for tuning, controlling and configuring the STB for use in HTML based middlewares, although HTML is not the solution for some customers which is why we are looking to contribute and utilise the Linux DVB API.

I'm quite happy to answer some individual questions about the things we do, but being a commercial entity some information can only be shared under Mutual NDA.

Regards
Francis

Francis Reader
Software Manager
Amino Communications Ltd.

---------------------- End of message text --------------------

The information in this e-mail and any attached files is likely to be
confidential, may be legally privileged, and is intended solely for the
addressee. Any copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this
message or the information included is strictly prohibited unless
authorised by us. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of Amino
Communications Limited or any of its affiliates. If you have received
this message in error please notify us immediately and delete this
message.

Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments
are free from any virus, we would advise you to check that they are
indeed virus free.  We do not, to the extent permitted by law, accept
any liability (whether in contract, negligence or otherwise) for any
virus infection (and/or external compromise of security and/or breach of
confidentiality) in relation to transmissions sent by e-mail.

Amino Communications Limited
Registered No: 3490180, England