[linux-dvb] Re: VisionDTV DVB-T slow tuning

I too have the VisionPlus DVB-T card. From what I can make out, the
channel changing time is completely dependent on the mechanism used by
your TV viewing app.

For example, the Windows based software supplied with the card takes about
a second to change channels. DigitalWatch (again Windows based) takes
about 0.5 seconds, because it uses a Microsoft implemented TS splitter
(apparently!)

I haven't got a TV viewing app going under linux yet - I'm working on
MythTV, so I'm afraid I can't comment on channel changing times under
linux.

Cheers,

Jon