[linux-dvb] Re: ARM crashing again

Am Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2004 10:30 schrieb Jarkko Santala:

> > Is this still the best known fix to this problem even after all this time
> > or should I spend even more hours browsing the archive?
>
> It did not solve the problem. Clues, anyone?

I have the same problems, as many for years now...

Would suggest to trace down the error to the component probably responsible by
doing some tests/logical exclusions:

1. is the firmware the same as under windows?

if yes and the failure does not happen under windows, the error is definitely
in the linux-driver part...

2. if no, does the error happen with video-data only or with audio-data-only?

if with video-data-only it's probably in the video-data part (likely)

3. does the error happen with 100% perfect data? (e.g. send one and the same
sequence of frames in an endless loop) or only with broken data (simply send
random data to the driver)

if it happens only with broken data, it's probably some problem with
resynchronisation in the ARM-code on healty data.

4.If it happens also with 100% perfect data it might be a) a race-condition or
similar timing dependend error or b) a hardware problem in the ARM itself :-(

Has someone already made such tests?

Guido