[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge DEC 2000-t and Linux

Hallo,

this is a fairly old thread, but it seems, that there is no new information in the newsgroup about
the issue.

I have a Dec 2000-t. With the 2.15a firmware (and the corresponding Software under XP) the box
plays recorded videos coming from the computer (send via usb). The Software is not very comfortable
to use via remote (no OSD, no selection of file to play back...)
I use a long usb extension and have my computer placed in the next room. With this I have no problem
with nois from the PC.

It would be great to use the Dec 2000-t as video-device for the vdr. Adding a buddget dvb-t card to the system
would result in a very flexible vdr.
The Dec 2000-t has a IR-Reciver as well. This could be used for the vdr as well.

Is there any change to get this to work?
Thanks for any help

Malte

P.S. I have been doing some programing (mainly java) but not on devices. I would like to help if
possible.