[linux-dvb] Re: stv0299 does not support auto-inversion

On Friday 27 February 2004 09:47, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> On Friday 27 February 2004 08:45, Nico wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I just downloaded dvb-kernel from cvs and I was greeted with this log,
> > not present in the release drivers:
> >
> > stv0299 does not support auto-inversion
> >
> > so INVERSION_OFF is a safe bet? Or is there some transponder that uses
> > INVERSION_ON?
> >
> > I need to fix mplayer's code, that always uses _AUTO :(
> >
> > 		Nico
> > //
>
> That _should_ have been sorted with the latest dvb_frontend.c. I'll check.

Ah, I see whats happening; dvb_frontend.c is being left at the older version
'cos of the upcoming release. I'll reinstate the old behaviour yet again.

All the same VDR should really not be suppling INVERSION_AUTO to a frontend
where I've very carefully removed the FE_CAN_INVERSION_AUTO flag from its
capabilities.